Continuing education is essential for everyone, including the HR department, especially when the HR manager of an international corporation is also responsible for the personnel of the German subsidiary. A foreign HR manager who might not speak German fluently, has to face even higher challenges.
Our training on German employment law for you as a manager in charge will cover basic topics on German employment law as well as questions on how to deal with difficult situations.
Ning Zhang, a German qualified lawyer, will provide you with a basic understanding of relevant topics in German employment law in an understandable manner.
The in-house training can be offered online (online seminar) or offline (presence seminar).
Need to know
German employment law for HR managers:
- Hiring employees
- Employment contract, conclusion
- Managers / executive employees
- New regulations of the law of proof
- Working hours
- Home office vs. mobile working
- Fixed-term employment contract
- Employer’s right to issue instructions
- Incapacity to work due to illness
- Maternity leave
- Parental leave
- Termination of employment
- Mass redundancies
- dismissal / termination agreement
- Effect of the number of employees
- Freelance work and bogus self-employment
- German works council (establishment and rights)
- Pitfalls in practice